Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthormoonatics
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012 edited
    Everything has worked fine on my 4s for months, but since last night I am not able to access gmail and contacts via m.google.com. I do not have search engines as a blocked domain. I keep getting a notice that open dns is an invalid server.
    What's going on?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012
    "I keep getting a notice that open dns is an invalid server."

Interesting. Where and under what circumstances does this message appear?
    • CommentAuthormoonatics
    When I try to open my gmail via wifi, it says, ""Cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed." Wifi works fine for updating apps and browsing.

Interestingly, my daughter's cannot login on m.facebook.com on her ipod touch. She also cannot update apps. The facebook app is only partially showing.

I think this has something to do with m.google.com and m.facebook.com being blocked domains, but I never blocked them.
    • CommentAuthormoonatics
    I also added those two domains to the never block list and nothing has changed.
  1.  permalink
    If they weren't blocked, no point in adding them to the Never Block list.

"Cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed."

That would be the connection to the mailserver. You should get a different message if the DNS lookup failed.

The only issue which comes to mind that might involve DNS is latency (CDN = bad routing). What is your general geographic location? What is the output of this command:
    nslookup -type=txt which.opendns.com.
    • CommentAuthorsimbaha2
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012
    @moonactics: since when this happen?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012
    @moonatics
    I recommend visiting your domain stats to see if related domains may be blocked.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.