Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorgilbertkc
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012
    I have opendns, dns-o-matic, and zoneedit all functioning.
    Zonedit knows my router's IP, Opendns has it correct, and DNS-o-matic's website also reports my correct IP.

The key players know my IP, but "then internet" doesn't!

Opendns cache check is wrong (for weeks).
    NSLOOKUP gives wrong ip address.
    I can't contact my home server when away.

What is wrong?
  1.  permalink
    Wherever your domain name is hosted isn't returning the A record to OpenDNS.
    • CommentAuthorgilbertkc
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    I brought your answer, above, to ipowerweb support. They directed me to change the nameserver settings for my domain. When I enter
    and
    Their system responds with this:

Records for rjenson.com could not be updated. The nameserver you chose may not be a valid nameserver. Please verify with the provider and try again.

So what now?
  2.  permalink
    In what manner would you be entering resolver addresses in the configuration at your authoritative nameserver? I don't understand this.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2012
    @gilbertkc
    "So what now?"

Are you saying you wanted to use OpenDNS as the authoritative nameservers for your domain rjenson.com? No way! OpenDNS is a recursive DNS service for your lookups, not an authoritative DNS service for your (or anybody's) domain's DNS hosting.

Where did you get the idea from attempting this?

Currently you're using ZoneEdit as DNS hosting service which should be fine:
    nslookup -type=ns rjenson.com.
    Server: localhost
    Address: 127.0.0.1

Nicht autorisierte Antwort:
    rjenson.com nameserver = ns18.zoneedit.com
    rjenson.com nameserver = ns9.zoneedit.com

You still need to configure your DNS records at ZoneEdit now. Nothing what OpenDNS could help you here with.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.