Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorhvu7676fyi
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2012
    I followed directions to the T to setup my account and input the data into my network properties.

I installed the updater. THen I restarted my computer. Upon restart, my updater box popped up stating under "using openDNS?"..."no. Learn how to setup openDNS."

It looks like I've done everything right, ....it's for a home computer. Any advice?
    • CommentAuthorzelus
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2012
    hvu7676fyi, please open a support ticket regarding the issues you're seeing. We'll likely have you run a diagnostic report to help us find any configuration issues on your network: https://dashboard.opendns.com/support/
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012
    Okay, thank you I sent one off last night. How long does it usually take to hear a response?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012 edited
    You should have got a receipt confirmation with a ticket number quite immediately. If not, check your spam folders, also via webmail interface. A response is to be expected within less than 72 hours, likely less.

If you're impatient, you can post the output of the following commands here:
    nslookup -type=txt which.opendns.com. 208.67.222.222
    ipconfig /all
    I think I got your instructions correct. Once I was in the nslookup.exe window I typed:
    "which.opendns.com. 208.67.222.222"

It responded with:
    "DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
    DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
    *** Request to 208.67.222 timed-out"

I then typed:
    "ipconfig/all"

It responded with:
    "Server: resolver1.opendns.com
    Address: 208.67.222.222
    *** resolver1.opendns.com can't find ipconfig/all: Non-existent domain"

I'm not the most computer literate person in the world, so please let me know if I did it correctly or not. Thanks for your help too!
  1.  permalink
    If the OpenDNS Router configuration doesn't work you have to add the configuration in your PC, following the instruction and it will work fine. Just select "computer" and not Router in the menu configuration you saw.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    @hvu7676fyi
    No, you didn't do it correctly.
    Start > Run > cmd
    This opens the command prompt window. Now type (or copy & paste) these commands:
    nslookup -type=txt which.opendns.com. 208.67.222.222
    ipconfig /all
    Exactly so, how you see it here. If you're not computer literate, don't try to invent something.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.