Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Hi Guys
    not sure this is the right place to ask for some help or not . We are using OpenDNS as our DNS server and right the moment canot access this site "www.mercuresydneyairport.com.au". It say Site not available . But I can browse this site using other DNS server or even from my Mobile network .
    Any suggestion ?

Ashraf
  2.  permalink
    Many of the OpenDNS resolver locations are not able to reach the authoritative servers or something. I only got two locations with valid results from Cache Check, and after refreshing the cache, one more: CHI, LON, and AMS.

I cannot reach the site either, which confused me as I normally use the CHI servers, but sometime use NYC these days.

All you can do is:
    -wait
    -try refreshing the cache occasionally
    -open a support ticket
    -add the address to computer hosts file 202.176.14.137

It may or may not be something OpenDNS can do anything about. This domain would not happen to be newly registered, would it? If so, the records may not have propagated to all servers across the world yet.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
    Strange enough, cache check for Frankfurt shows hit-servfail.opendns.com, but in reality I can nslookup and visit the site, surely using Frankfurt too. Other DNS services like my ISP or Google return 202.176.14.137, same as OpenDNS...
  3.  permalink
    they should not be or have the write to block outher peaples writes to veiw the site. if they chouse to block what they wish to veiw thats cool. .and i am realy all cool with that .its rong to block all of us from veiwing those sites. who are they to to block and take my writes frome me.. .dont i have a choice and i dont dissagree with them for not wanting to veiw those sites... .(as much soft where that there is out there this realy should not be a problem....) so now we no its realy a fn controll freaks that likes to boss some one arround and im not going to stand for that....after thirty years in service to my country ... fighting for my writes and my fellow americans. who the hell are they to tell me and take my writes and to call it for me....... (so i vote no) ++_and say piss on you..and stop tryin to be god. somthing your not beleave that sin,,,,,,
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
    @wizerdhardrive
    Do you know what's the talking here is about? Do *you* know what you're talking about? Nobody said something about blocking, and nothing is actually blocked. Not sure why you post this off-topic stuff with inappropriate language in this thread... :angry:

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.