Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorlewy69
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012
    One of the reason I bought OPENDNS is that I thought I could get reports for each device in my home so I could see HTTP traffic for my kids to understand where they are surfing. I understand that OPENDNS only sees the MAC/IP of the home router but would be nice to add a software shim or IE setting that allows for the PC to be tracked individually.

Thanks,
  1.  permalink
    No, the internet cannot see into your LAN. OpenDNS logs DNS traffic, as it is a DNS service. To follow devices in your network would mean developing software for every type of OS, which would have to remain installed and running safe from users somehow, and a large and complex database expansion. The whole point is to keep it simple and operate in the realm of DNS.

I would suggest using router logging if it is available to you. If you then see something in the Stats which you want more information on, you can check the logs for the LAN IP.

If this doesn't work for you, you can open a support ticket about your account to have it dropped or changed.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.