Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorcreed12
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012
    I am trying to block access to youtube from the students, but I would like educational sites, like KhanAcademy.org to be able to still show their videos which are embedded youtube videos. Is this possible?
  1.  permalink
    If the videos are hosted on YouTube, you cannot view them if you have youtube blocked.
    • CommentAuthorroadfun
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012
    YouTube does have a "safe mode". If you turn that on it does a good, but not quite perfect, job of preventing access to that type of content. I use it and my main concern is the "safe" setting can easily be turned off by the kids. So monitoring is still needed.
  2.  permalink
    I suggest, in general, petitioning YouTube to put educational materials on a separate subdomain since they have already started an educational-type program. YT could go the extra inch and make it easier on educators using filtering, DNS-based or not.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.