Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorchriszhao
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012
    When visiting Google Plus plus.google.com, the following error came up. I am using OpenDNS's DNS on my home network. Any solutions?

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
    You attempted to reach plus.google.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.opendns.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of plus.google.com.
    You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    This is a problem with the certificate on an SSL/TLS page in conjunction with OpenDNS block or guide page redirection.

Either you have something blocked with your OpenDNS settings, and therefore the warning about a certificate from another site (OpenDNS) comes up, or some domain does not resolve also causing this to come up.

Check your domain stats for possibly related blocked domains and unblock those. If the issue is due to a not resolvable domain name, you simply can ignore the warning.
    Thankful People: zelus
    • CommentAuthorchriszhao
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012 edited
    You are right and thank you for the tip.

I blocked chat category. somehow, plus.google.com is considered as chat.
    I meant to block google talk.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    To keep chat blocked, you could add plus.google.com (and possibly more) to your "never block" list.
    • CommentAuthorchriszhao
    that is what I just did. thank you very much.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.