Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Hi all - I've looked to see if there's a definitive answer to this, but it all went quite technical and went over my head so I'm hoping someone can help a luddite like me!

I'm trying to use OpenDNS services although I can't find anything on our Virgin Media Superhub to allow changing it? Is it possible? I did see some old posts saying that the only way was to use another router and have the Superhub as a modem and do it that way - but that's probably too much for me!!

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012
    How could we ever know unless someone else has exactly this router? This forum is about OpenDNS, not about routers. Therefore your best bet is to contact the support facilities of your router provider.

Also, it sounds that this is a typical "ISP router" drimmed down for their purposes. This kind of router usually cannot be configured a lot to save the ISP support efforts. You still can configure OpenDNS on your computers then.
  2.  permalink
    Yeah, IIRC, Virgin and BT both sell customers non-configurable routers.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.