Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorsveraa
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012
    Hey, I have a problem
    when I try to access such a blog site like twitter.com, answer.yahoo.com, opendns said that is blocked.
    I don't know but I need to unblock those sites. so can you just tell me how to unblock? thx
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012
    Just undo what you did to block them, i.e. uncheck the related category, or remove them from your "always block" list, whatever the source is for blocking. We users like you can't know.

If you didn't do anything to use OpenDNS and to block sites, ask your network admin.
  1.  permalink
    how do you change the settings to unblock the websites
  2.  permalink
    Go to your Dashboard and undo what you did to get them blocked, whether by category or individual domain. Only the categories or domains you choose to be blocked are blocked. If you want a category to be blocked, but you want a particular domain in that category to be unblocked, add it to the Never Block list.
  3.  permalink
    ...unless you're not the Admin of your network, in which case you need to see the Admin who applied those blocks (possibly for a good reason).
    Thankful People: zelus
    • CommentAuthormenyau
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012 edited
    how to open the option to block and unblock? I can't found that way to setting these.
  4.  permalink
    The web content filtering page of your Dashboard. If you can't find this, then one of the following is likely true:
    -You are not the admin of the OpenDNS account you wish to configure.
    -OpenDNS has nothing to do with what is being blocked.
    -You are using someone else's network knowingly or unknowingly.

If you are seeing the OpenDNS block page, and you own the network you are using, and you didn't sign up for an account with filtering, then open a support ticket.
    Thankful People: zelus
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.