Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Hey guys

I have installed the Netgear Parental Control on my computer. Settings High on default and have 2 bypass accts, 1 for adults and 1 for the teenager. Each has username and password all sorted.

I can login on my computer (call it mum's) as the adult user but how do I set it up that the teenager can login on their computer using their bypass acct?

I would like to be able to use the computer at the same time but of course have different restrictions.

I use the User Utility to log in on "mum's computer" but cannot seem to download the same Utility on "teenage computer".

I cannot figure out how to do this. I am currently on the "teenage computer" and it has the Management Utility.

Hope you can help. Sorry if there's not enough info - I'm pretty new at this! Thanks a bunch.
  2.  permalink
    I found it!!! You have to attempt to edit the setting for the bypass acct. It says up the top you need User Utility to do this.......

Sheesh - glad to have found the solution but it was NOT obvious! Nor was it mentioned anywhere that each computer needs this (although you sort of come to that conclusion yourself).

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.