Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthory3ll
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    help im new to this site but um im hosting an game online an i have static ip an i cant keep port 43594 open how do i get a dynamic ip?

i have at&t so they wont give me a dyanmic ip what do i do am im out of luck?
  1.  permalink
    This is pretty much irrelevant to this forum.

But you almost certainly mean that you have a dynamic IP and AT&T won't give you a static IP. Which is handy, but has nothing at all to do with opening a port.

Use a DDNS hosting service to associate your dynamic IP with a domain name, if that is what you need. Otherwise, make sure you find out what your current IP is before hosting the game and tell the players. The IP addresses do not change very often at all.
    Thankful People: zelus
    • CommentAuthorraczox
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    hola que tal apenas estoy usando OPEN DNS y bloqueee unas paginas todo me salio bien pero mi problema es que mi ip se cambia a cada rato y instale OpenDns Updater V2.2 meti mis datos y el problema esque no me actualiza la ip tengo que meterme a los ajustes de open Dns y actualizarla yo mismo, como puedo hacer para que Open Dns Actialize mi IP

Gracias
  2.  permalink
    You don't have the "Use DNSOMatic" box checked, do you?
    • CommentAuthorraczox
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012
    si tengo la casilla de send Dns -o- Matic updater marcada, la tengo que tener desmarcada ???
  3.  permalink
    Yes, this box should not be checked in the updater.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.