Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    I received a phishing e-mail from Chase Online Banking. The e-mail tries to seduce you to go to a "secure chase message center," where they entice you to provide your id/password, and to confirm your e-mail address. The url for this site is
    bit.ly/kmu9wz. Even though the users of this forum are computer savy, I felt it is better to be safe than sorry. So I felt I would be remiss if I did not post this message here.

G.
    • CommentAuthorRed Prince
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    No point posting it here because no one is going to remember the URL. Submit it to PhishTank instead. That way OpenDNS will block the URL and its users will be protected whether they remember some obscure URL or not.
    Thankful People: zelus
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    It's already gone. bit.ly seem to have disabled the link.
  2.  permalink
    To All;

I believe Chase security was involved in knocking them off the air. I sent them the e-mail with all the pertinent info last night.
    I should have posted the link in Phish tank, but as a new user of open dns, I was unaware of that option. However, I'm glad that i did post here because it may help someone become more vigilant, and therefor, safer. Getting suckered into a fraud like this can cost someone their life savings.

Radioman

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.