Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorbam666
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012
    I see that the stats show all sorts and not just websites visited, for instance adverts also that appear on pages. if this comes up in the stats log does this mean the www.dailymail.co.uk website was visited or was it a link or an ad on a page. the stats showed i.dailymail.co.uk and not www at the beginning but an I

thanks just trying to understand how this works
  1.  permalink
    Any time the domain www.dailymail.co.uk was looked up, period.
    Thankful People: bam666
    • CommentAuthorbam666
    thankyou
    • CommentAuthorscottidott
    I want to block some sites on my personal computer but not the other computers connected to the same router/network so I was just wondering will the settings I do on my computer set the same settings for all the other computers in my home?
  2.  permalink
    No, changing the DNS in one computer does not affect the others.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    @bam666
    "I see that the stats show all sorts and not just websites visited"

Even more, you *never* see websites having been visited, but you see domains having been looked up by your network. How in the world could a DNS service ever see what websites you visit? This is technically impossible.

@scottidott
    What is your question to do with the stats which is the topic here?
    Did you consider to open your own thread?
    Also, if you had read the sticky on top "Read this before you post anything!" you would not have needed to post at all...

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.