Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorrtco.ph
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012 edited
    Hi,

I am currently using OpenDNS in an office network setup, not only to speedup browsing, but for filtering as well. I'm using the free version and am used to using the free version which seems to work just fine. And the inclusion of stopping malwares is a welcome addition the my free account.

However, last May 10, I received a mail which states that the content filtering will cease to be available on my network come June 15.

Is the mail true? It seems to come from opendns.com domain but am still skeptical because I have not seen similar incidences while validating the mail. Note that I have not received prior mail from David Ulevitch which the mail pointed out.

Anyways, I would like to check if this mail really did come from OpenDNS. I've pasted the contents of the email below.

Thank you and regards,

Vincent

=====

<redacted>
    Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:19 PM
    <redacted>
    Subject: OpenDNS – Upcoming changes to your account

<redacted>

I'm following up on the email that was sent about a week ago from our CEO, David Ulevitch, regarding upcoming changes to the free OpenDNS service your organization currently uses for web content filtering. When you have a chance, please give me a ring at <redacted> to go over the changes and pricing for our Enterprise service. Per the email, we will continue to offer customers our free recursive DNS service, but the Web filtering will be disabled from the free service on 6/15/12.

Talk to you soon,
    <redacted>

<redacted>
    Sales Development Rep

OpenDNS
    145 Bluxome St.

San Francisco, CA 94107

<redacted>
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    • CommentAuthorrtco.ph
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012
    thanks roblitz,

Now I know that the mail is authentic. I have followed each link.

BTW, I have also received a mail from David indicating the same.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.