Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    I cant find web content filtering in the settings, dosent this come with my account?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012
    There's a "Read this before you post anything!" sticky on top of the forum. What do you think is it good for? Is this an advice for you to ignore it? :angry:
    • CommentAuthorcezanne
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    it's a little more complicated than that!

Several people had this issue, too much to believe that people did something stupid; I had the same issue, signed up the right way, everything looked fine but... no Web Content Filtering; did not give up looking for the problem and finally found it:
    when signing up for a basic home account I filled out the field "Job" since I guessed one was interested to know what I did for a living; that appeared to be the culprit! After I deleted the Job field the Web Content Filtering appeared like magic! Conclusion: filling out the Job field was interpreted as being a professional user who can't sign up for a free account including Web Content Filtering? I think this issue has to be adressed by the webmaster of OpenDNS.
    Thankful People: rotblitz, Red Prince, jaugustesen
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    Ah, agreed. This makes perfectly sense.
    • CommentAuthorptum
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012
    I've been using the whitelist-only feature for about a week, but I quickly ran into the 50-url limit. Many websites these days require two or three entries in order to work properly -- and yet I think I can successfully whitelist everything I need on my network if I had another hundred or so whitelist entries. Can't this be extended from 50 to 200 or so?
  2.  permalink
    Sure, if you buy an Enterprise package. But there is little point asking in the forum for something which can only be officially responded to by OpenDNS.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.