Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Myself like anyone else I want certain stuff to be blocked but at the same time some stuff like photobucket is kind of a half and half site. It would be nice if I could just block the adult content on that site but let other things go through. Example: We race RC cars and he wanted to see some pictures that were not bad but because I had photobucket blocked he cannot see them.On the same hand if I unblock that site my family will have access to stuff that is not appropriate. Also it would be nice if I could see which computer or even a time that a site was accessed. Any info or help would be nice or maybe even think about this as an Idea to add to OpenDNS.
  2.  permalink
    "It would be nice if I could just block the adult content on that site but let other things go through."

Then sites must host different content on different domains, or you want a different filtering system.

"Also it would be nice if I could see which computer or even a time that a site was accessed."

Not sites, but domains (this is DNS), and what goes on in your LAN is irrelevant to the internet. Local logging or a more invasive software and/or service is what you are looking for here. The exact time of each domain lookup is not something currently offered, but note that most lookups are cached locally for a time anyway, so this really wouldn't tell you anything.

"Any info or help would be nice or maybe even think about this as an Idea to add to OpenDNS. "

These are endlessly discussed in the forum, which has a search function. You can also find the link to the Idea Bank on this page and vote/submit your ideas, but things that are impossible will never be implemented.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.