Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorxecrav
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012 edited
    I am trying to figured out how .NET 2.0 & .NET 3.0 got installed to my PC. To my understanding all .NET versions are independant of eachother.

Before I installed DNSCrypt I only had .NET 4.0. Cool. During the DNSCrypt installation I was asked to allow the installer to download/install .NET 3.5 for DNSCrypt need it to run. After the installation completed and DNSCrypt was ready to go, I ran a Windows Update-Express to search for possible updates to .NET 3.5. Updates were found and installed

Now yesterday I noticed that I've .NET 2.0 SP2 & .NET 3.0 SP2 installed on my PC. [Fishy]

--Q's--
    Has anybody else noticed/experienced the same? Or if anybody knows if DNSCrypt also uses .NET 2.0 and/or .NET 3.0?

Does anybody know a way in which I can see/track which software on my PC uses .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
    It seems the answer is "no" to both of your questions. :sad:
  1.  permalink
    The full 3.5 installer contains the 2.0 & 3.0 frameworks.
    Thankful People: xecrav
    • CommentAuthorxecrav
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    Adding to the .NET loveliness, MS has managed to screw something up with the latest .NET updates for 3.5 - 2.0

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/a7762f55-4088-48f4-a9e9-8546a64fc19e

I too am experiencing this.
    Thankful People: maintenance
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012
    I have this observed myself the last few days, and maybe installed three times and then no longer, simply ignoring the update icon. But since today the update icon disappeared by itself. MS seem to have repaired it...
    Thankful People: maintenance

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.