Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorhcamn
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
    Opendns returns an error when the WatchESPN app (iPad or iPhone) tries to authenticate on Comcast. Others are reporting this same issue on the Comcast forums (and we are all opendns users).

When we change our router dns back to Comcast, the error does not appear and the app works properly. Help please.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
    "Opendns returns an error"

You must be far more specific. Also, find out what domains could be impacted here while checking your domain stats.

It may be that this app relies on NXDOMAIN results, so disable typo correction under Advanced settings here and see if it is any better.

Best would be to open a support ticket: https://dashboard.opendns.com/support/
  1.  permalink
    Read this string from a Comcast forum:

Re: WatchEspn iPhone App
    05-08-2012 02:19 PM

ESPN12 wrote:
    I haven't even tried to watch any program yet. I can't even login on the app because when i click on the providers and choose comcast and try to give my comcast ID and password, it says my Xfinity subscription does not include it. I have ESPN and ESPN2 and ESPN U through the digital silver package of xfinity tv. So the problem isnt what i am trying to watch. I can't even login at all with my Comcast ID!
    Can you please private message me your comcast.net e-mail address so I can further look into this?

Thanks

ComcastTeds wrote:
    What kind of trouble are you having?
    On my iPod Touch, authentication is failing - I am able to type in my Xfinity user name and password, but wind up on a page indicating that adobepass.ios.app won't load

Fortunately, WatchESPN is working just fine on my computer (although, as the customer above me indicated, Firefox isn't playing nice with the site - I'm using Google Chrome).
    I had the same issue, where I received a DNS error that adobepass.ios.app cannot be found.   I found out that this  is because I was using Open DNS as my DSN server.   Apparently, at least for now, this will only work if you are using a Comcast DNS server to resolve the adobepass website.    Once I switched back to the Comcast DNS server, this worked fine without having to reinstall.

05-09-2012 09:20 PM

http://adobepass.ios.app/ That's the outcome of trying to log in to Comcast. How do I fix this problem with watch espn app on iPad?

05-09-2012 10:21 PM

Nathelie wrote:
    http://adobepass.ios.app/ That's the outcome of trying to log in to Comcast. How do I fix this problem with watch espn app on iPad?

As noted above, you have to be using Comcast's DNS servers in order for the iOS application to authenticate properly -- otherwise, you get the error message that adobepass.ios.app can't be found.

It's as simple as temporarily adding the DNS addresses of 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 into the DNS line of the network settings screen for your network (in the iOS Settings app) long enough to authenticate, then removing them. 
    Report Inappropriate Content

05-11-2012 04:57 PM

I did temporarily add the Comcast DSN. It worked yesterday, it was authenticated, had the Xfinity logo showing. I removed it and replaced with original DSN, everything was working fine. Today I tried and had been logged out of the app so had to log in again. Getting the adobe pass error again.

05-12-2012 10:08 AM - last edited on 05-12-2012 10:16 AM

I'm at home, using my iphone via wireless.  I'm a Comcast subscriber using Comcast internet.  I'm getting the same error message via OpenDNS that adobepass.ios.app is not working.  I'm wondering if there is a conflict with my parental blocking.  problem is that i cannot add the domain "adobepass.ios.app" to OpenDNS whitelist as it's not a real domain name.

05-12-2012 11:59 AM

yahoobenyahoo wrote:
    I'm at home, using my iphone via wireless.  I'm a Comcast subscriber using Comcast internet.  I'm getting the same error message via OpenDNS that adobepass.ios.app is not working.  I'm wondering if there is a conflict with my parental blocking.  problem is that i cannot add the domain "adobepass.ios.app" to OpenDNS whitelist as it's not a real domain name.
    My experience was that you have to use Comcast DNS long enough to authenticate.

You can easily do so by temporarily changing the DNS server addresses on your iPhone's WiFi settings to "75.75.75.75,75.75.76.76", then going to the WatchESPN app and authenticating, then going back to the WiFi settings to put back your original DNS entry. 

05-14-2012 04:46 PM

My experience was that you have to use Comcast DNS long enough to authenticate.   You can easily do so by temporarily changing the DNS server addresses on your iPhone's WiFi settings to "75.75.75.75,75.75.76.76", then going to the WatchESPN app and authenticating, then going back to the WiFi settings to put back your original DNS entry. 

05-15-2012 09:27 PM

Tried putting in those DNS settings into the iPad. But I still keep getting Adobe ios pass error.

05-18-2012 04:51 PM

I'm not sure how it's Comcast's fault if you choose to use a DNS provider other than Comcast.  After all, if you've chosen to use a non-Comcast DNS provider, it's up to that DNS service (whether it's OpenDNS, Google DNS, Level 3, or someone else) to fix this.

You need to check your DNS settings, both for your iOS device and your network.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012 edited
    If it is about the domain adobepass.ios.app, this is most likely known to Comcast DNS only, not to any other DNS service like OpenDNS. Here's your solution:

Find out the IP address for adobepass.ios.app on your computer:
    nslookup adobepass.ios.app. 75.75.75.75

Now edit the hosts file on the device you want to use the app on and add a line like this (iOS devices may need to be jailbroken before you can access /etc/hosts):
    75.4.5.6 adobepass.ios.app
    where 75.4.5.6 is the IP address you got for adobepass.ios.app before.

You do that once, and you're done. If there are more of such "private" domains, do it for all which you need to access.
    Thankful People: hcamn
    • CommentAuthorhcamn
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    Thanks for the ideas. My iPad isn't jail broken.

But good news anyway, they just updated the watch espn app and they fixed the issue; no changes needed to my dns settings either.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.