Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    every time i enter a link it says its not available every time i click on a link it says its not available how do i know? it says OPEN DNS logo i wanna disable it but im not yet if i find another problem its out of my computer,for good. So for now please tell me how to resolve this problem if there isn't any please tell me how to get rid of open dns
    • CommentAuthorc3mdigital
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    Could you please give an example of "every time I enter a link" and "every time a click on a link" ?
    • CommentAuthor_
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012 edited
    it's not like opendns is some pesky virus... it is very easy to get rid of it:

check the following:

https://www.opendns.com/support/article/90
  2.  permalink
    =So for now please tell me how to resolve this problem if there isn't any please tell me how to get rid of open dns =

I could very well be mistaken, but if you are the Admin who configured your system to use OpenDNS, you should be able to back out the way you came in.

It's possible your Dynamic IP has inherited another's OpenDNS IP. If you're running Windows, open a command prompt and type

ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns

If someone else is the Admin of your network, your best bet is to speak to that person.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    "If you're running Windows, open a command prompt and type ..."

Nope, this just renews the internal private IP address of the computer, irrelevant with OpenDNS.
    You may reboot your ISP device (router/modem) to possibly obtain a different WAN IP address from your ISP.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.