Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorykadmin
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    I have a white list only and I'm trying to add gmail.com instead of getting a block page of gmail.com I get the following.... please help..............

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
    You attempted to reach gmail.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.opendns.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of gmail.com.
    You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.
  1.  permalink
    You still have something blocked necessary to load gmail, probably a login, which uses a secure connection and theredore has a security certificate. You are getting the wrong cert (one from OpenDNS) because it is returning a block.

In short, you must whitelist further domains in order to access gmail. See your stats for blocked google domains. (accounts.google.com would be a good place to start)

Note that this will happen a lot when using whitelist-only: sites will be partially broken or you'll get an error as you have seen because they use load content from multiple domains.
    Thankful People: rotblitz

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.