Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorthpaine
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2012
    I downloaded and installed DNSCrypt for Windows on my Windows 7 machine yesterday and would like to know if there is any way to tell if it's working?

Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2012
    Yes, http://welcome.opendns.com/ shows if you are using OpenDNS at all.
    And "nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com." will show if you're using DNSCrypt - in a cryptical way.
    Thankful People: zelus, outspoken2
    • CommentAuthorthpaine
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2012
    Thanks rotblitz. That's just what I needed to know.
  1.  permalink
    What is this problem when I try to start just installed OpenDNScrypt?
    EventType : clr20r3 P1 : opendnsinterface.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0
    P3 : 4fb53410 P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4ef6c16f P7 : 3451
    P8 : 15a P9 : system.unauthorizedaccess
    • CommentAuthormaintenance
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012 edited
    I would suggest opening a support ticket in addition to asking in the user forum. Looks like the GUI part of the program perhaps doesn't have permission.

I can tell that this is a Windows (Dot Net) -generated error, which is information you should normally include when asking about error messages. As well as the rest of the event log entry. Also you should include which OS version and service pack level you are running.

You should also open your own thread for your own specific issues in the forum. But it would probably be better to open a support ticket.

Your .NET 2.0 installation may be corrupt/missing files (believe me, it happens a lot), and you could try re-installing .NET.

Edit: Note that you can run the actual DNSCrypt process without the GUI, which would also solve your problem for the moment. (Well, it probably is/was running.)
    Thankful People: zelus

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.