Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorykadmin
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2012
    So I installed it on my PC, and it's using OpenDNS, and now?, how do I enforce it to accept my companies category policies? am I missing something.....
  1.  permalink
    You would have to be using OpenDNS from your company's IP address, assuming it has an OpenDNS account with filtering. DNSCrypt has about nothing to do with filtering.
    • CommentAuthorathlonite
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012
    I like how this program works except for one thing the continual pinging of the network or dns servers New Zealand isn't exactly the cheapest place for monthly data allowances so having this program continually pinging the OpenDNS servers is wasting my data cap
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedisct1
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2012
    Administrator
    I guess you are running the Windows GUI. It constantly sends packets in order to check that the router isn't filtering them.

Uncheck the "Fallback to insecure" box, use the alternative Windows GUI, or don't use a GUI and start dnscrypt-proxy directly (see other posts) until this problem is fixed.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.