Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    okay well i have very slow internet

10-30kb/s i used this site i clocked up to 110kb/s

after 12 hrs i tried to download a torrent i was downloading 110kb/s

then half way throught that it droped down LOW like 30kb/s LOWER

i have the severaddres 228.67.222.222 and the other one on my PC (windows)

i have bell i have put the sever addreses up on there

AM I DOING ANYTHING WRONG
  2.  permalink
    No. Using OpenDNS servers for DNS is rather irrelevant to bandwidth/speed. And name resolution plays even less a part in P2P networking than web.

As far as the torrent goes, it sounds like there were a lot of computers online with pieces of the file, then there were less. If you can see the number of peers, their state in relation to your client (downloading, uploading, connection refused, choked, whatever) and file availability for the chunks you still need, you might better understand what is happening. (Sometimes you might even find that there are a lot of peers, all of which are missing part of the file.)
  3.  permalink
    so im doing everything opendns is supposed to be used for, sorry i really dont understand computers and p2p
  4.  permalink
    Yes. OpenDNS provides normal DNS service - it returns IP addresses for domain names when they are requested. DNS is like the phonebook of the internet. It can also provide domain filtering, blocking sites you don't want users in your network to visit. So I doubt that you are doing anything wrong. It's just that DNS doesn't have much to do with network speeds, and P2P makes little use of DNS.
    Thankful People: zelus

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.