Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorgallen1119
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    I access work from home through Citrix Receiver 11.4.3 on a MacBook Pro.
    Apple Airport WiFi, Linksys router, Linksys cable modem, Comcast ISP
    Both WiFi and Linksys router set up with FamilyShield DNS Servers.
    Dynamic IP address, OpenDNS Updater running on two computers, including the MBP.
    Added exception for work although I don't think that is the problem.

I get disconnected from the Citrix Receiver/Citrix Viewer about every 30 minutes. Signs back on fine.
    In addition, streaming music generally stops at same time, so I think connection is totally going down at these times forcing the disconnect from Citrix.

Any ideas on a fix?

Greg
  1.  permalink
    Losing connectivity once established is unlikely to be related to DNS at all.

If this has occurred only and always when using OpenDNS, and stops when not using OpenDNS, then it could be an ISP or peer routing issue causing network latency.

Can you do traceroute to your remote work domain when using OpenDNS and when using your previous DNS, and post the output here?

Also, do
    dig -t txt debug.opendns.com
    and post that here as well, and tell us your general geographic location.

You are correct. Adding an exception for a domain which cannot be reached because it does not exist on the internet won't help if you don't have this problem.
    Thankful People: zelus
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    I also have a Citrix connection from home to work, and your problems are unrelated to DNS. You have to involve the admins of your Citrix gateway server at the company to get this solved. Also, Citrix recently published a new "receiver" client. Ask your admins if it is recommended to upgrade to this one.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.