Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthornajevi
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008 edited
    This is a want, not a need since OpenDNS are willing to increase the size of my "Block Individual Domains" list whenever it bumps into the size limit.

The problem is that I'll add some domains to my "Block Individual Domains" list when those domains are not yet adopted by one of the centrally managed categories. Of course I'll suggest a category for each such domain but as you know that categorization does not take effect until sufficient votes have been collected or until St Bernard's staff take a look and make a decision one way or the other.

Today I must have about 55 or 60 domains on that list and it would be nice to prune the list without investing a lot of time to do so.

If a domain on the "Block Individual Domains" list had an icon or a link text appear to indicate that this domain also appears in one of the centrally managed categories then this would prompt me to first check that I have that category block enabled for my network(s). If enabled then I would simply click the check box against that domain.

After parsing the list in this way I could then delete several such domains at once and dramatically reduce the length of that "Block Individual Domains" list.

I know that I've asked for this in the past (via email) so perhaps I am the only user on the planet who wants such a feature ... am I alone in this matter? ;-)
    • CommentAuthorilikenwf
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    That's a great idea. I always appreciate this type of idea, because I could use it, too. It would also benefit all users who use the site filtering, as it would keep the adult lists a bit more fresh, I think.

To add on to your idea, if something doesn't appear on the blocklist categories, perhaps it could be a button used to suggest (in an ajax-y way of not refreshing the page) of reporting said domain with one or two clicks.
    • CommentAuthordmcdns
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    I would love this feature as well.
    • CommentAuthornajevi
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    With the new look dashboard this described feature would apply to the Content Filtering page and specifically the "Manage individual domains" -> "Always block" list.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.