Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorfrtheo
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2008
    Hello all,

I have a wireless modem from Telstra Next G, my internet is directly connected via their service and I do not gain internet access via any other source.

my service must be activated via the network manager using the PPP0 setup or the "pon provider" in terminal.The instructions given in open DNS is to edit the dhclient.conf but all the network services there are only eth0 there is no location for my wireless modem which is controlled by the ppp0 settings.

I followed the instructions on how to set up my DNS in Ubuntu, even though i entered the DNS settings as instructed I am still able to view Adult Sites could any one help me in solving this problem.

Thank you
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    If you want the additional OpenDNS features, you must continue with adding a network in your OpenDNS dashboard. Just using their DNS server addresses is not sufficient for the features.
    • CommentAuthorfrtheo
    I got it working thank you to rotblitz and all that helped

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.