Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Hello there, as you can guess from my post, I'm trying to forward a port. Now, although this is quite simple, I'm using 'T Mobile web 'n' Walk' Mobile Broadband! Obviously, this does not register as a legitimate router.

Furthermore, In the Internet Properties (TCP/IP), by default the settings are saved to 'Obtain an IP address automatically', and 'Obtain DNS Server automatically'. Now, even if I change the settings and manually input the numbers and save the changes, It makes no difference (because I'm told I have to reboot the internet for the changes to take effect). Now, when I reboot the internet, it reverts back to the automatic settings =s

I suspect that mobile broadband is highly similar to the '3G' used in phones when connecting to the internet. . . Henceforth, there is probably no 'real' IP address, as you are just given a random one every time you connect. Naturally, without establishing a static IP address, I cannot forward my port (I'm attempting to forward the port on uTorrent).

Thank you very much for your time!
  2.  permalink
    Im guessing with the Mobile broadband that even if you were able to forward the port, they would be blocking it at their level..most Mobile Broadband providers prohibit using it for much more then Web and Email usage.. and anyway changing the DNS server would not accomplish forwarding ports..

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.