Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwbrenner
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Hello network admins. My name is Warren Brenner and I’m from Yankton School District. We're a district of 6 schools with 2900 students. We love OpenDNS and have been using it for 24 months for filtering P2P sites, proxies and several categories that are simply inappropriate for a school environment, such as social networking and all seven adult categories. We’re running Windows Server 2003 and set OpenDNS up as a forwarder. Took about 30 minutes to deploy OpenDNS at 6 school locations and the filtering has been as good – if not better—than expensive appliance-based filters I’ve used in the past. We have Used Open DNS in combination with an existing filter system. This Setup allowed us to Filter areas that the other filtering system could not. So far the setup has worked great. Works Great for home use as well.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.