Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthortmiller12
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    I am having a problem loading a page from shutterfly.com. (The specific URL is http://stpiuslombard.shutterfly.com. I get a message that reads "JavaScript for this page failed to load". It only happens on our server, not on any of our 60 other computers, which is why I think it is related to OpenDNS. Any suggestions? We need to access it to update pictures.
  1.  permalink
    "It only happens on our server, not on any of our 60 other computers, which is why I think it is related to OpenDNS."

I'm not following the logic there.

""JavaScript for this page failed to load"."

Not a DNS problem unless the script is hosted at a different domain which you have blocked or is inaccessible. Since your clients have no problem, I'd be looking elsewhere.

I'll bet you have scripts blocked from staticsfly.com blocked. I get the same result if I block it with NoScript. If you had that domain blocked in your OpenDNS settings, it wouldn't work on the clients either. *Unless your clients are not using OpenDNS.*
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentAuthordiacon
    Windows' Server IE usually runs in a protected mode. Try down grading the browser's security or use Firefox instead.
  2.  permalink
    use 1 of the other computers? usually I try to not visit Websites from a server, except for getting computer updates..
    • CommentAuthordiacon
    Infinity306's recommendation is the better solution all around.
  3.  permalink
    A very good point, indeed.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.