Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorGood
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009
    I want to have a present for the hard working person. I suggest an Deluxe OpenDNS account for them. This present will praise their mind. They will tag domain more ardently, more correctly even.
    Thankful People: lzlz, trendikola
  1.  permalink
    I'm sure their mind would appreciate it.
    • CommentAuthorGood
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009
    Do you agree with me, the maintenance?
  2.  permalink
    Sure? Why not give the gift of a Deluxe account to someone who will appreciate it? It is always good when conscientious and rational people submit and vote in Domain Tagging as well.
    • CommentAuthorGood
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    It means no present?
  3.  permalink
    Hm... sounds interesting. But it would not be a good idea just to decide on the amount of points, because some people just tag any page with many tags.

I thought about a 2nd "point system" which should try to display/determine the quality of tagging.

"User X"
    - example.net tagged as "whatever" ("whatever" has been approved) -> 2
    - example.com tagged as "whatever" ("whatever" has been rejected) -> 0

- voted "yes" for the tag "whatever" for example.org ("whatever" has been approved) -> 1
    - voted "yes" for the tag "whatever" for example.net ("whatever" has been approved) -> 1
    - voted "yes" for the tag "whatever" for example.com ("whatever" has been approved) -> 1

For each vote 20 points and for a added domain 30, which makes 120 points. Than add the numbers above (2, 1 or 0) and divide them by (here) 5 , 5/7 = 0,71 (71%). The last step could be to multiply both figures (0,71 * 120 = 85) and to define a limit which has to be reached.

Or just take the percentage and set there a limit....

Just an idea :-)
    Thankful People: lzlz, Good
  4.  permalink
    Oh, I see what you are getting at...
    So, basically a free "whitelist only" mode for people who tag sites sensibly.
    What about everyone who does tech support in the forums? How do you assign points for good advice and extreme patience? :tongue:
    Thankful People: rotblitz
  5.  permalink
    maintenance: Yes, I did not consider everything... but isn't the idea to reward people?
    Thankful People: Good
  6.  permalink
    trendikola:

I was directing my comment to the OP. I supposed I should have made it clear.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.