Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorthelugal
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    I've found my way into android's wireless advanced settings, and I've put in OpenDNS IP where it ask for DNS. But yet no luck. How do I get OpenDNS to work?:sad:
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010 edited
    What is your Android wirelessly connected to? To a router, *your* router? Are more of your devices connected to this router? Which ones?

Please note, OpenDNS is nothing for devices, but for networks. So, if you do not own the network you're connecting to, it is hardly possible to use OpenDNS at all.
    Thankful People: OpenDNS User
    • CommentAuthorrrob13
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2010 edited
    "[I]f you do not own the network you're connecting to, it is hardly possible to use OpenDNS at all."

That's not entirely true. With help from some others at precentral.net using the underlying Linux operating system, I've managed to setup OpenDNS to work on my webOS smartphone, even on Sprint's network. It wasn't easy, though.

Rob
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2010 edited
    I know, but this way you are going to hi-jack other networks and impacting other OpenDNS users within the same network. Would you like to experience this yourself? :shocked:
    And you may still not be able to use OpenDNS, not at all, depending on the policies the other network admins have enforced.

Again: OpenDNS is nothing for devices, but for networks. This stands!
    • CommentAuthormikey15
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010
    This is a very interesting topic. I'm very greatful for the opendns site and how it has protected my home. I'm very frustrated at not being able to block the adult sites on my son's phone. Is it even possible?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010
    As said, if you are able to configure OpenDNS on the network(s) your son's phone is connecting to, then yes, it is possible.
    Thankful People: zelus, OpenDNS User

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.