Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorbrian702
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011
    I have been using OpenDNS for some time and must say its a great service. Here is the issue I am running into.

I am viewing the stats of what websites openDNS is blocking when users are requesting them. I found that for the past couple days I have been getting this message on a few domains when clicking "actions" next to the blocked domain:

"This domain is no longer blocked. You can block this domain or re-block this entire category."

I immediately went to the site and it was still blocked however the block message no longer had which category the site was being blocked under.

I have never blocked an individual domain, only categories. I have also not changed any filter settings on any networks within the last 3 weeks.

Any explanations? Anyone else having this issue? I find it strange the action is telling me the site is no longer blocked, but the site is actually still blocked, yet the block message is not placing the blocked site in a category.

Thanks in advance everyone.
  1.  permalink
    Is your network IP static or dynamic? If it's dynamic, are you properly updating it?
    • CommentAuthorbrian702
    Static I.P on all locations. Confirmed with IP chicken the static IP's are still in place.
  2.  permalink
    Please open a support ticket with us so that we may track and resolve your issue more efficiently and effectively. Make sure to include all pertinent account information, any information you have gathered about your issue, and any error messaging that you may see as a result of the problem. We thank you for your patience.

https://www.opendns.com/dashboard/support/

Follow the "Open a Support Ticket" link on that page.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.