Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at http://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    i got on my computer today and when i went to use the internet, OpenDNS was blocking websites i use, like facebook. the thing is i never installed OpenDNS on my computer. how can i get rid of this?
  2.  permalink
    OpenDNS is not installed, but configured. See the setup instructions on where to look for the OpenDNS addresses https://store.opendns.com/setup/ and remove them by setting the DNS to automatic/DHCP.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011
    ...or ask your parents or your networks admins about the fact...
  3.  permalink
    ok, do you know how i can find out the username and password required for the log in to do that?
  4.  permalink
    @rot, my parents dont know how to set them up. im the one who sets up anything related to computers in my house
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011 edited
    Where is a username and password required to change your DNS settings?

Again, follow up with what @maintenance said. If you are the network admin, you should have access to everything needed.

Moreover, if you are the network admin, you must have configured OpenDNS originally. There is no other way unless someone hacked into your network to do this... :shocked:
  5.  permalink
    the second step in configuration for netgear, it asks for a username and password. this is only a problem on my laptop, not on my desktop.
  6.  permalink
    "the second step in configuration for netgear, it asks for a username and password."

And how would anyone know the username and password set on your router?
  7.  permalink
    i asked cause im typing in my username and password and it says its incorrect, any way of being able to find out what it is?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011 edited
    Yes, visit Netgear's support site to look for appropriate solutions. This may include to reset your router to its factory settings with losing all your individual settings. In case you never changed the user ID and password, you may be able to use the defaults for your device, as certainly documented by Netgear.

"this is only a problem on my laptop, not on my desktop."

Then this is most likely not related to your router. Change the DNS settings on the laptop then to non-OpenDNS ones or to automatic.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.