Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Recently shortcuts have stopped working reliably. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and use get a '503' error.
    This can even happen during one internet session, they will work for a while and then stop.
    Settings are all set correctly, including search settings.

HELP -
  2.  permalink
    I have been seeing this the last few days as well. Randomly get a 502 or a 503 error. It looks like it is having troubles filling in the .com on URLs as well as shortcuts not redirecting.
    • CommentAuthorzelus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
  3.  permalink
    Funny you send us to the other link - if you notice at the end of it we were told to quit asking questions about the problem, it was a sticky link about shortcuts - not problems with shortcuts!
    LOL
    • CommentAuthorzelus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
    dansmail26, we never asked users not to stop asking questions. Other OpenDNS users may, but admins won't. You're more than welcome to create a ticket about your particular case or refer to the forums for help.
  4.  permalink
    Thanks zelus - I just thought 'maintenance' was a little rude in his answer on the other thread. IMHO, asking questions about problems with shortcuts on a shortcut sticky thread wasn't really improper.
    And I knew we were fine asking questions, my reply above should have said we were told to quit asking on that thread, not altogether.
  5.  permalink
    Yeah, I saw the link you provided above. But, doesn't that just apply to users having issues with shortcuts? I have mine turned off right now because I saw they were having problems. The real annoyance for me is that "domain typos" aren't working. As your example says in the dashboard section, if I type "google.cmo" it should correct to "google.com" ... Which it isn't. (I get a 503 error)

Also, if I type "google" without a "www" or a ".com" it should correct that as well, which it does, but it takes literally 30 seconds to do so.

Thanks any help!
  6.  permalink
    Here's an update.... the last 3 days in a row..... it doesn't work in the mornings, but in the evenings it works great.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.