Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    So I connect using VPN HideMyAss, and connect through a server in Georgia, which changes my IP address to an IP address in Atlanta.

I crank up Marcs Updater, and it automatically updates DynDNS and OpenDNS that I am in Atlanta, on my new VPN IP address.

I visit the OpenDNS site and it says "Congratulations, you're using OpenDNS"
    I type in my DynDNS domain address and I access my webcam server on my computer at home, even though the world assumes me to be in Atlanta..

How cool is that? So how come nobody at OpenDNS is ambitious enough to set up and run this little experiment and tell us all how wonderfully portable OpenDNS can be, even on a VPN? Duh!

And then some smart-ass sez what's the big deal, right. Well the big deal is YOU don't have a clue what this means.
    • CommentAuthoropendnsjp
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011
    Cause nobody else really cares that you are so concerned with privacy that you had to do all that ... ?
    Thankful People: rotblitz
  2.  permalink
    All sorts of people do things like that. Or do you expect OpenDNS itself to give people instructions for yet more things that have nothing to do with OpenDNS?

You were saying...?
    Thankful People: rotblitz

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.