Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Hello,

I have added Yahoo Mail and addressbook ( I think its addressbook.mail.yahoo.com ) under WHITELISTED sites on opendns.com

but when I go to the addressbook it never opens, I can click on contacts under the new Yahoo mail, but a circle shows up in the middle going around and around and around it says I have 57 contacts but never shows them, if I am writing a email and click TO + I can see them there

I am using firefox, and I installed Default User Agent and told it I use IE 6.0 and it took me back to the Classic Yahoo and I can see the address book there.

Ideas?

-- Christopher
  2.  permalink
    Did you flush caches after whitelisting? You must, after making any changes.
    http://www.opendns.com/support/category/10

If that doesn't help, then what relevant categories do you have blocked? (email?)

You can check your stats for blocked domains that might be necessary here.
  3.  permalink
    try addressbook.yahoo.com as that is the domain

without the .mail.
  4.  permalink
    wmoore is correct.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2012
    @christopher_m
    Why did you try to whitelist anything? Did you select a related category like webmail or so for blocking?

The reason why I ask: it is not obvious that your problem with the address book is related to your OpenDNS settings, because you don't see a block message. The address book just doesn't load. I merely think this is a browser problem or a problem with Yahoo's website.

@wmoore027
    "try addressbook.yahoo.com as that is the domain"

That would be too easy. :wink: See here:

nslookup addressbook.yahoo.com.
    Server: localhost
    Address: 127.0.0.1

Nicht autorisierte Antwort:
    Name: any-rc.a01.yahoodns.net
    Addresses: 87.248.120.148, 77.238.178.122
    Aliases: addressbook.yahoo.com, rc.yahoo.com, rc.g01.yahoodns.net

Excessive CDN use and hard to blacklist or whitelist something...
  5.  permalink
    thanks rotblitz for bursting my bubble again! but hey I am learning

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.