Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorMichael
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012 edited
    I was reviewing one of the sites that was being blocked (clicktracks.com it's a domain used for tracking similar to Google Analytics, Web Trends, etc) and found that the domain was APPROVED as adware by jsaqqa. I took a look at jsaqqa's page and they've only been on OpenDNS since December, hasn't posted in the forums, hasn't voted on ideas, hasn't submitted any domains or ideas. All they have done is vote on 21 domains. How on earth did they become a mod with so little involvement in the community?

I can't review jsaqqa's approvals but based on the clicktracks example I can't believe they're taking that moderator role very seriously. If you go to clicktracks.com you'll see that it redirects to an email marketing company. How is that adware???
    •  
      CommentAuthorfatts
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012
    Administrator
    I went ahead and removed the 'adware' tag from the 'clicktracks.com' domain.

Upon further review of user Jsaqqa's moderation history, it doesn't appear that he's made any other outstanding mistakes, and this looks to be just a one time misunderstanding.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention :)
    • CommentAuthorMichael
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012
    That's good to hear. Thanks for looking in to that so quickly!

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.