Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorergoren
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012
    I have an account but I need another one for my work computer. I click "For Home" > Parental Controls "Get Started" > OpenDNS Home "Sign up now" > 1. Sign in or create account - In this page I entered e-mail adress, password, options and click OK button but page refresh and stays here. Can't go to step 2. My operation system Windows 7, IE9, living in Turkey. I tried to sign up from three different computers but no success.
  1.  permalink
    If it isn't a script-blocker issue, there may be trouble with the web page form.

Are you seeing no error message giving a reason the submission might be rejected?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012
    Delete at least the OpenDNS cookies and flush your web browser cache. Then try again.
    • CommentAuthorergoren
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012
    I tried after used CCleaner and cleaned all Internet Explorer cache.

No error message, just refreshed the page and cleaned password areas.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012
    And you were definitely logged out when trying to create the new account?
    Maybe try with another browser, or from another computer?
    • CommentAuthorergoren
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012 edited
    I wrote: "I tried to sign up from three different computers but no success."
    Three different PCs with different modem IPs. Even one of these was not in my workplace.
    And yes, I was logged out. If I go to that page without logout it jumps to 2nd step.

I'm gonna try to sign up with my home pc after work.

Are you tried to sign up a new user? Was it work for you?
    • CommentAuthorergoren
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012
    I made it!

I tried Google Chrome but can't sign up again. In option "Where will you use this account?" I always selected "No Answer". Finally selected "Household" and accepted.

Thanks for helping by the way.
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012
    Sure, you must select something, because filtering/blocking is free for home use only.

"Are you tried to sign up a new user? Was it work for you?"

Good question! No, I have a grandfathered account (user since 2007) and can create as many networks as I need (I believe so). So, no need to create an additional account. I may try to create one nevertheless, just to experience the difference...

I'm trying to help much here in the forum, and it may enhance my knowledge to see how nowadays accounts work.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.