Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    activating DNS on Windows 8 is the same as Windows 7 , I did it the hard way by opening Control Panel, under Network and Internet I choose view network status and tasks, change adapter settings, right click wired Ethernet connections then properties,click internet protocol v.4 then properties to add 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 Microsoft made it hard this time they done away with the start menu and locating programs and accessing them even notepad or wordpad I even had to create a shortcut for the control panel, I am not sure but I think Microsoft is going to come out with a keyboard to access their programs that were in accessories.There is pop up before logon to choose from different apps, however I do not think most people are going to like win 8 before entering your password to login you have to hit either the enter button or spacebar on the keyboard.
  2.  permalink
    after logging in the apps pop up this is now the start menu, so pin an app to the taskbar hit win logo key + Q , right click app to pin to taskbar, for control panel in search box type in control panel, right click it to pin to taskbar.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.