Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthoricstech
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012
    Is there a way to create multiple Bypass codes all at once?

We're looking to use the bypass codes to grant certain users different levels of access. We're also wanting to be able to track the users/codes individually. The functionality to do this seems fine, but I'm just hoping there's a it of a faster/more efficient way to create a bunch of codes rather than the manual, 1-at-a-time method currently found here in the settings interface.

I'd also like to see more Bypass code options - custom passwords, different password lengths, and much better stat presentation for each code (the current stat pages is borderline useless if you have many codes in use and want to track a single one/instance)

From its current implementation, I get the impression that the "bypass code" feature was tacked-on as an afterthought and not really ready for any serious use.
  1.  permalink
    Contact support - you're paying for it, and the forum cannot help you with this.
    • CommentAuthorzelus
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012 edited
    icstech, as maintenance has suggested, please contact your support representative or create a ticket from within your OpenDNS Dashboard regarding this issue: https://dashboard.opendns.com/support/
    • CommentAuthoricstech
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2012
    Sheesh, I thought this was the "Wishlists and feature requests" forum - I posted my wishlist and feature request and was told this isn't the place to do it??

Anyhow, I have created a Support Ticket (2, actually) but haven't heard anything back. And, unless I'm missing something, unlike traditional ticket-systems I'm not seeing anywhere that I can view my current, open tickets (or any tickets, for that matter). Perhaps I'll add that to my wishlist and feature requests.

I haven't gotten so much as an Email confirmation that my ticket was received/created.
  2.  permalink
    You should get an auto-response almost immediately, followed by whatever response the support team has. If you haven't seen this, then check the spam/junk folder for your incoming mail for the relevant email account in your mail client, any webmail interface, or check with your local mailserver admin if applicable.
  3.  permalink
    Administrator
    Actually you won't get an auto response from OpenDNS since you are not a direct OpenDNS customer. Your service was purchased through a reseller and they are required to provide support to any customers/clients they setup. I have gotten ahold of our reseller programs manager and his is contacting the reseller as we speak. With any luck you should be hearing from them shortly.

To answer your question, there is not ability to create multiple bypass codes at the same time. Each Bypass Code has to be individually generated.

I'll be happy to take your suggestions to our product management team. Thank you for your feedback!
    Thankful People: rotblitz, Red Prince, maintenance

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.