Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorfeltf4
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2012
    My log shows blocked domain over the last 24 hours, but I am the only person using the network. My wireless is secured. Does this indicate the presence of malware?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    How could we know if even you don't know?
  1.  permalink
    Perhaps you are intentionally browsing to sites that have links to domains you've blocked. Some browsers pre-fetch, which means the linked sites are being accessed even before you click on them.

Perhaps you have a wifi router and someone else is accessing your network. A family member with a smartphone, for example.

Perhaps you do have malware. Without any indication of what site(s) are reported as blocked, you are assuming we have some fantastic insight into your account.
    • CommentAuthorRed Prince
    Additionally, while you may be the only person using the network, a lot of legitimate software uses DNS lookups without you asking for it.

But I agree with everyone else: You need to tell us more. Such as, what is your OS, where is your OpenDNS configured (i.e., the computer or the router or perhaps the modem), etc. The more you tell us, the better we can help. This is true not just here but anywhere you are asking for computer related help.

Red Prince
    • CommentAuthorpcfreak3
    Happens to me all the time
    For example:
    I block Facebook
    A website I visit has a Facebook "Like" button (which is then blocked)
    OpenDNS logs that as me "visiting a blocked website, Facebook"
    Thankful People: maintenance, cricketchrp
  2.  permalink
    Very good example.
  3.  permalink
    Hello Feltf4 and Pcfreak3!

If you didn't visit the domains you have seen blocked and you are sure nobody uses your Internet maybe you have a Virus.
    Please change the Internet password if you are sure nobody in your home visited that pages or domains.
    In spite of that you have to check in what group are catalogating the blocked domain. So you can disable this group.
    Please check that pages and check your security.

Good Luck

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.