Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorpamiller3
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012
    I have a cisco router and two vlans that are associated with two SSIDs, one is my personal and the other is my guest network. I am attempting to setup OpenDNS on the guest network. The problem is I setup the update tool on my personal LAN as there is no computers that stay on the guest network.

I am fairly knowledgeable on this and I am confused how this is not really working. The dynamic tool only needs to send updates to the OpenDNS server's my ever changing IP, but it is does not seem to be sending my IP to the servers.

Is there other requirement such as having the OpenDNS servers' on the same machine that is sending the IPs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • CommentAuthormaintenance
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012 edited
    No, that wouldn't be a requirement.

What is showing you that your IP isn't updated to your Dashboard? What do you see at your Dashboard or from the updater? Any errors?
    https://forums.opendns.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=11313 #3

You originally added the Network at your Dashboard, yes?

"I setup the update tool on my personal LAN"

But this has the same public IP as the guest network, right? If not, then no, you can't update one public IP from another.

If you are using the OpenDNS Updater to update OpenDNS directly, make sure the "Use DNSOMatic" check box is empty.

Post the output of this command:
    nslookup -type=txt debug.opendns.com.

edit: typo

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.