Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorlhesz
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    Hi,

Am just new here and a sys ad of our company... is it possible that I can enable a specific blocked website to be access in a specific workstation?

and in addition to my question above, it is possible to generate a report of the list of frequently accessed sites?

Thanks in advance for your help! Starting to loving it and probably my boss will love OpenDNS! :)

Regards,
    Lhesz
    System Admin
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012 edited
    I see, you didn't read #5 of the sticky "Before you post a new topic..." on top of the forums...

"is it possible that I can enable a specific blocked website to be access in a specific workstation?"

Your options:
    1. Either configure a different DNS service on this computer. This is not recommended in an AD environment or when using local resolution a lot.
    2. Or add the related domains of this site with the real IP addresses to the hosts file on this computer.

"it is possible to generate a report of the list of frequently accessed sites?"

You don't need to generate it. It is there: https://dashboard.opendns.com/stats/all/topdomains/
    You can also download a CSV file of it.
    And, btw, this is not about "accessed sites". OpenDNS does not know what sites you visit, you don't send them this information. They only count and log the DNS lookups out of your network, at least the ones which are not served out of your caches and they therefore go to OpenDNS.
    Thankful People: zelus

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.