Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorkatkel
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012
    After setting up OpenDNS and entering new DNS settings, my Obitalk ceased to work (no dial tone). I read on Obi's site that there device doesn't work with ODNS, but there is a workaround. I used their suggested 4.2.2.2 in the DNS1 position and moved the two OpenDNS numbers to #2 and #3. Got the dial tone back....but....am I still getting any benefit from OpenDNS now?
    • CommentAuthorinfuetur
    probably you should get an account in opendns and set your public ip in there... anyway which benefit are you interested in?, filtering?
  1.  permalink
    Since you're using a workaround from ObiTalk, you should direct your inquiries to them.

The only post about ObiTalk in the forums is yours.
    • CommentAuthorkatkel
    I guess meaning if I have the 4.2.2.2 first, do the Open DNS servers come into play?
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    OpenDNS comes into play randomly only, not reliably.

Your only chances to use OpenDNS reliably is to keep your ISP's device because of VoIP, and either to put another router behind where you configure OpenDNS and connect all your devices, or configure OpenDNS on the individual devices without using another router.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.