Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorkstruck
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    How long does it usually take for DNS propagation using OpenDNS? We have moved a website to a new host but OpenDNS has not updated so I am seeing the old site still, while 5 other people I have spoken to are seeing the new site. They are all using Comcast as their DNS provider. Is there a way for me to force something?
  1.  permalink
    All you can do is try to refresh the cache http://www.opendns.com/support/cache/

Otherwise, propagation reaches any particular resolver when it does, nothing you can do. Unless your authoritative NS has an issue that you need to correct.
    • CommentAuthorkstruck
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    Thanks. It returned the new server, but I am still seeing the old site. I cleared my browser cache and flushed the DNS using ipconfig /flushdns. What am I missing?
  2.  permalink
    "It returned the new server,"

I take it that you mean OpenDNS returns the expected new IP address for the domain name?

"but I am still seeing the old site."

So, the new site (web pages) should appear differently? Or what? What change are you expecting?

It's hard to say what you might be missing when we don't know what you are expecting, and what should have changed. Having the domain name to work with would help as well.

Whatever, if OpenDNS returns the expected IP address, it is working as it should, and so is you nameserver.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.