Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorcbeau
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    Everything works except that. What am i doing wrong. I have win7
    • CommentAuthorrotblitz
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    As you don't tell us what you did and what happens, e.g. the exact error message, we can only guess.

Did you start the command prompt (cmd.exe) in elevated mode to execute "ipconfig /flushdns"?
    Do you run the "DNS Client" service at all? If not, you don't have a local resolver cache.
    • CommentAuthorcbeau
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012
    I have a 2 wire router. I put it on manual DNS configuration. I entered the two numbers and hit save. I then went to run cmd and hit enter. It said C:\Users\Name. I hit ipconfig/flushdns and this is what it said..

Windows IP Configuration

Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution
  1.  permalink
    That most likely means that your do not have the DNS Client service running, so there is no cache to flush.

Go ahead and check: type
    services.msc
    in the run box, hit enter, and check whether the service is running. It does not have to be running, and if it is not, you never have to flush the local resolver cache because there exists none to flush.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.