Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorsjwalter
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2009
    So, I'm just going through the domains that were blocked on one of my networks, and I noticed a lot of...

ts3.explicit.bing.net
    ts4.explicit.bing.net
    ts1.explicit.bing.net

With around 50 hits, per site, per month.

Can I safety assume that someone is actually TRYING to access explicit adult content through Bing, or could it be showing it through some kind of ad?

I noticed that Microsoft moved all the adult content to the subdomain explicit.bing.com which I think is good.

I don't want to make a mistake and assume that someone is actually going to Bing and searching for adult content, and the owner of the Network I look after doesn't want to have to clamp down on everything with good reason.
  1.  permalink
    could be that 1 of their searches just happens to bring up something that is classified as Explicit by Bing.. maybe not that they are intentionally trying to search for such

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.