Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbelgradeps
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Hi,
    I am Robert Sealey, the Network System Administrator for Belgrade Public Schools. We have five schools in our district for 3000 students. We have approximately 1000 nodes across our schools. We have a single internet connection that is distributed to our schools via fiber and point to point to wireless. I set up our Windows 2003 servers to use the OpenDNS forwarders in about ten minutes. I used a custom configuration on sites that we filter, that took about five minutes. So for a total of fifteen minutes time I had OpenDNS deployed across my network. Filtering works great, we are blocking more proxies and other websites that are not permitted on our network than ever!
    If you have any questions about the use of OpenDNS please feel free to contact me!

Robert Sealey
    rsealey@belgrade.k12.mt.us
  1.  permalink
    Welcome to OpenDNS! :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthorkalamansi3
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009
    Thank for the headsup guys :)

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.