Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
  1.  permalink
    Sorry, this may sound dumb, but I'm a brand new OpenDNS user. I'm having problems with employees on our single computer at my office spening way too much time on goof-off websites. So what I want to do is install OpenDNS to limit access to domains. I will of course not let employees know my OpenDNS password. But is there a way that without knowing the password they can get around OpenDNS when I'm not there? Let me add that we do not have individual passwords or account to access Window, we all use the same Administrator account. Thanks!
  2.  permalink
    "Let me add that we do not have individual passwords or account to access Window, we all use the same Administrator account."

You have absolutely no control at all, then.
    • CommentAuthorsjwalter
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Pretty easy to do if they know how too.
  3.  permalink
    You are showing concern for the (ab)use of the office computer.

If you are the boss/owner, or if you are responsible for the technical up-keep of the computer, then create a general user account (but without Admin rights) and the employess can do their job. Do that simple step and you're well on your way to solving your problems.

(set a good password for the Admin account, don't forget).
    • CommentAuthorfrontdesk
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010
    You can also try to enforce a firmer grip on your network if you edit the custom response page and tell them a short company policy on personal web surfing. I've used that on my company and it has deterred them to waste their time on social networking websites.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.