Your IP:

Our Forums Have Moved!

Visit our new forums at https://community.opendns.com/forums/ to post on topics and read the latest content. These forums are now read-only archives.

K-12 Forums

Talk with other K-12 network administrators in your state.

Or see all states.

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.
    • CommentAuthorbp1
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2010
    Just a quick thanks to Daniel Gifford and his support team for resolving the issues i faced last night. I was experiencing some problems with my shortcuts not working. As usual the response in replying to the support ticket raised was very fast. I was advised that opendns were aware with issues regarding firefox browser users and problems with shortcuts. I noted at 7.00am this morning my shortcuts working and my connection also seems much quicker.

Many Thanks
    bp1
  1.  permalink
    Cool. I'm glad to here this is sorted for you.
    • CommentAuthorbp1
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2010
    Thanks for your post # maintenance. I dont no what you guys have done but my internet browsing experience seems much faster. Upto raising the support ticket my browser seemed to be getting slower at loading the web pages. I was getting concerned thinking i may have some nasty virus/malware problem.

Any how its back to normal now.

Many Thanks
    bp1
  2.  permalink
    I think you were probably routed to one of the DNS servers that was taken offline for maintenance (Seattle) or which received all the re-routed traffic (LA).

I don't know what the engineers did, either, except that they corrected a problem seen at the Seattle server. (OpenDNS engineers rock.) I'm just a forum-dweller. :wink:

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 30 days, and is thus closed.